Apply Correction in US Passport: Things To Know

US Passport correction

Are you looking to have passport errors corrected? You should correct any errors in your passport, whether you are renewing or getting a new one. Common passport errors include an incorrect birth date, misspelled name, and other spelling errors. As long as your passport is valid, you can correct errors.

It’s your first time opening your passport. It can be fixed, but don’t panic! The US State Department will correct any errors in the printing of your passport. There is no charge for this service. This is known as “Anonymous.”Re-application of passport” You can also correct or change a Passport if you have legally changed your name within one year after receiving your new passport.

This service is also available to those who were issued temporary passports for less than one year and want to have them changed to full-validity passports that are good for ten years. This can often be caused by having your passport stolen or lost and replaced at an American Embassy overseas.

Documents Required

  • A formulation for Application: Passport Name Change Application Form DS-5504
  • Passport: You will need a valid passport book to submit the problem details.
  • How to Take a Picture If your passport is older than 90 days, you will need to take a new photo.

Step 1: Complete the Application Form

To have your passport updated by the passport agency, please complete the application form DS-554 This is the Application Form for Passport Correction and Name Change.

Step 2: Gather supporting documents

After you have completed your application, you will need to gather all supporting documents. You will need a new passport photo if your current photo is older than 90 days.

Step 3: Send documents and package them

Tyvek envelopes are required to pack your passport corrections and documentation. Your documents will arrive at the passport processing center safely in a Tyvek envelope

Services for Passport Correction Services Expedited

You may be able to use expedited passport services in your local area if you have a trip in the near future but can’t wait for the many weeks it might take to process your passport.

Registered passport expeditors will gather all necessary documents on your behalf and submit them to you. They can reduce the standard processing time by delivering your corrected passport to you within 24 to 48 hours.

You can have your passport application processed in any of these three ways:

  1. By Mail For processing, you can mail your passport correction or passport change application to the National Passport Center. Passport corrections sent by standard processing speed are free of charge and there are no fees to the government.
  2. Passport Agency If you have a rush need for your passport to be repaired, you can visit the US Passport Agency in person. Your passport correction will then be completed on-site. This “expedited at agency service” will require a $60 government fee.
  3. Passport Expediting Company Send your documents to a trusted organization to have passport corrections made quickly. The person will personally transport your application to the Passport Agency. Applications processed by a passport expediting agency are subject to the $60 government expediting fee.

What is the average time it takes to change or correct a passport?

It can take up to eight weeks for no-fee mail service. Express passport corrections by post cost $60 and can take up to 2 weeks.

You can apply for passport changes or corrections in the fastest manner with Emergency Passport Houston. Either visit a Passport Agency in person or hire a passport expediting service. In order to go to a Passport Agency in person, you will need to call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment at one of the Passport Agencies nationwide. Passport expediting companies can change or correct your passport in less than 24 hours. This is without the need to make an appointment or go-to person.

Leave a Reply