Mold can cause health problems, and structural problems, and can be very difficult to remove. If your home has been damaged by water, you should immediately hire professional mold removal services.
This is the best way to stop mold from growing in your home. How can you do that? How can you keep mold from growing in your home after it has been damaged by water? What should you do if mold is already present in your home? Continue reading to learn more.
How can you avoid mold exposure?
Mold thrives where there is moisture. Colonies can form on damp surfaces within 24 to 48 hours after being exposed to water. You can prevent it by controlling humidity in your home and quickly fixing the underlying causes such as high humidity and leaks.
Here are some of the most important ways to prevent mold growth:
General prevention guidelines
Controlling humidity in your home is easy:
- Make sure your home is well-ventilated all the time.
- Before storing, dry items well.
- Monitoring crawlspace and basement ventilation.
Your home may have suffered water damage
Here are some things to do if your home has suffered water damage.
- Dry out and clean up the area as soon as you can. This should be done within 24 to 48 hours after water exposure. To let in the fresh air, open all windows and doors. Fans can be used to speed up this process.
- Discard porous materials that have been left wet for longer than 48 hours This includes wet carpeting, upholstery, and leather, as well as paper, leather, wood, clothing, and food.
- Call mold removal experts. Mold remediators can detect hidden mold, fix the problem, and then use preventative methods to stop it from happening again.
If you have noticed signs that there is a growing mold problem, This is what to do if you suspect mold growth in your home or have seen signs.
- Fix leaks and other potential causes of mold. It is important to eliminate all moisture sources that may be causing mold growth in your home. Mold spores cannot be eradicated so it is important to keep your surfaces clean.
- Replace mold-infested household objects as well as materials like drywall, floorboards, and insulation.
- Call mold removal specialists. Get licensed technicians to handle the situation, regardless of how large or small the affected area may be. Most cases of mold removal don’t require you to leave your home.
Are you looking for reliable mold removal services?
Organic Home Service is one of the trusted cleaning and restoration services providers in Dallas. We offer the best mold cleaning services. Mold remediation specialists are well-trained and equipped with the necessary equipment to eliminate the mold from other areas of your home. HEPA filters are used to remove mold spores from the air.
All of our disinfectant products are organic-based so there is no need to worry about harmful chemicals. The technician will assess the extent of the mold and recommend the best method to remove it.
Organic Home Service services all of Dallas. We specialize in Air Duct Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Chimney Cleaning, Restoration Services and more. As an Eco-friendly company, our cleaning products are all organic and we never use harsh chemicals.